Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Newsflash

we were doing sooooo well. He's lost now...I left at 10am to head to the office, he was still here.  My sister calls my at 12:30pm, shes at my house, "Dad's gone! The back gate is wide open and so is the front door"  She says she has to go, so I immediately call my brother to see what time he gets off or if he was in the area.  I get my stuff together and leave the office.

I get home around 1:18pm.  How come I can never remember what dad is wearing?! I drive around to his favorite spots, the park, the spots he was found before...nothing.  I call the police, call my mom.  My mom says to check a house around the corner where they also have french bulldogs...B T Dubs (by the way. a 7 year old taught me to say it that way) Xabi is missing too.  Did dad take him for a walk? Did dad try to take him to the backyard and he ran out? Nobody knows.

I don't find him, I come back home.

I don't know what to do, I feel like I should be doing work as these are my last 3 days at this gig.  I don't know if I should go out looking.  I asked the operator when I called the police what I should do, to which she responds "whatever makes you feel safe?"  Now what kind of response is that?  Whatever makes me feel safe...did she learn that in training?  Is that the script she sees in front of her? WTH does that mean?  I wash the dishes, and eat my leftover gyro from lunch yesterday.  I actually pick it apart because the pita is soggy.  I ate my leftover yogurtland and then the po po comes.



At first it felt like an interrogation, or maybe thats what I projected on them...so many questions.  Then I felt as more cars began arriving them feel more sympathy.  I recounted the other times he got lost, Dez comes home doesn't find him.  They ask for a recent pics..the most recent pics I have are on facebook so I pull one up.  Mom comes home, she has a good pic.  They take some pics to send out to the squad. What was he wearing, would he go to a bar, what are his habits, has he ever been fingerprinted...so many questions.

I talk to the neighbors across the street, one is upset because he didn't know he was developing dementia, she says she would have kept a closer eye on him.  The others tell me they always see him walking and tell him to go back home.

On another note I dropped my phone while talking to the neighbors...the screen cracks...the police have my number, I can't answer it, I must go get it fixed!!!

He's still missing!!!!

to be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment